- 1 (15.25-oz) box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 (5.9-oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup canola oil (or vegetable)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (you can replace this with all semi-sweet chips)
- 3 cups Cool Whip topping (see Note for substitution)
- (optional) chocolate shavings and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a Bundt pan well with non-stick spray.
- For the cake: In a large bowl, stir the cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, eggs, and sour cream until combined well. You can also do this with a mixer. Fold in the 1½ cups chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the Bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. My oven cooks fast and it was done after 50 minutes so make sure you start checking it then. Let cake cool 5-10 minutes in the pan and then invert on a plate. Cool completely.
- For the Glaze: In a microwave safe bowl, heat both chocolate chips and the Cool Whip for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. The mixture will be a little thin but will thicken a bit as it sets. If you like a thicker glaze add about ½ cup or more of powdered sugar and stir until smooth before glazing the cake.
- Pour over the cooled chocolate cake. Top with chocolate shavings and raspberries if desired. Top with additional whipped cream if you like.
The Cool Whip can be replaced with about 1 cup heavy cream.