- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Progresso Creamy Three Cheese Recipe Starter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- Place the peeled and chopped potatoes in a small slow cooker. Drizzle the oil over the potatoes. Cook on high for 3 hours (or low for 6).
- Mash the cooked potatoes with a fork. Add the creamy cheese sauce and stir to combine. Add a pinch of salt and cook an additional hour.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and place on a couple of paper towels to drain. Chop.
- Transfer potatoes to an oven-safe serving bowl. Sprinkle the cheese on top and broil for a couple of minutes until browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and chives.
- Serve immediately!
- * You can always double or triple the recipe for a large crowd, and use a large slow cooker.