For the cupcakes:
- 1 can pumpkin or 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla beans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, combine all the cupcake ingredients and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Spoon the mixture into lined muffin pans. I used silicone liners for mine. They don't stick like paper liners can.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let these cool completely before removing from the muffin liners. Since they are soft like pumpkin pie, I highly recommend putting these in the fridge after baking. It should firm them up more.
- To make the whip topping, open up your can of coconut milk that has been in the fridge overnight. Scoop the fatty white part off and place in a mixing bowl with the vanilla and maple syrup. Use the whipping attachment and whip the coconut into a cream. Scoop a little on top of each muffin. Enjoy!
- Keep these stored in the fridge. I highly recommend making the whip topping right before eating for optimal results in taste and texture. Enjoy!