For the Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
FOR THE COOKIE CUPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter on low speed until completely incorporated.
- Scoop dough into a greased standard size muffin tin, using an ice cream scoop, dividing the dough evenly between the 12 cups.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes. The edges of each cookie cup should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and press down the center of each cookie with a small spice container. Let the cookie cups cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes, then twist each one out and let it cool completely on a cooking rack.
- Using a small scoop, place about 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream in each cookie cup. Place them in the freezer to harden.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine coconut oil and chocolate chips, and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir until chips are dissolved.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture over the ice cream and sprinkle with peanuts. Return to the freezer until you are ready to serve. Allow them to sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes so they are slightly softened and easier to eat.