- 1 cup Graham crumbs
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease a 7 X 7 inch square pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the graham crumbs, sugar, cocoa, and melted butter and press into the pan.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs one at a time on low speed. Add vanilla and sour cream. Scrape the sides of the bowl one more time and beat until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cheesecake filling and set aside.
- Melt the 2 oz of dark chocolate in a bain marie (a bowl placed over a pot of barely simmering water), or in a microwave on low temperature. Stir the melted chocolate into the reserved 1/2 cup of cream cheese filling.
- Pour the plain batter into the pan, smoothing out to the edges. To make the dots you will need a pastry bag fitted with a round tip. Fill the pastry bag with the chocolate cheesecake mixture. Gently press the tip of the bag into the smoothed out plain cheesecake and squeeze the bag forming a dot. Place dots all over the cheesecake until the chocolate mixture is used up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for an additional 1 hr. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Freeze if you wish for about 1/2 hour before cutting. Use a knife dipped in hot water to help when cutting.