- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, plus more for topping
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper.
3) In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together butter, buttermilk, honey and eggs.
4) Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
5) Add in jalapeno, Parmesan & cheddar and gently toss to combine.
6) Scoop batter evenly into the muffin tray.
7) Top with sliced jalapeno, using your fingertips to gently press the jalapeno into the batter. Sprinkle with Parmesan and cheddar.
8) Place into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
9) Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.